Post Primary Teachers needed to do this vital work. For further details, including Terms and Conditions, the SEC’s policy on appointments, and how to apply www.examinations.ie/recruitment
Click here for further details
Who Can Apply?
All suitably qualified teachers are welcome to apply for these positions. Examiners will be selected on the basis of their teaching and assessment experience and qualifications. Full training is provided and a supported network is available throughout the marking process.
Applicants for the position must:
- Hold a third level degree or equivalent
- Have recent teaching experience in the relevant subject area or related subject
- Have good organisation and analytical skills
- Be able to work to a fixed time-scale
- Be available to work full-time for the duration of the marking
- Be resident in the Republic of Ireland during the marking period.
Why Become An Examiner?
By engaging in the national examinations system, individual teachers can benefit both professionally and financially.
- Develop the quality of your teaching
- Enhance your understanding of assessment practice
- Learn about the marking process
- Exercise your professional judgement
- Network with fellow professionals
- Opportunities for promotion to more senior examiner roles
- Increase your career opportunities and enhance your CV
- New/revised subjects at both Leaving Certificate and Junior Cycle – A fantastic opportunity for teachers to be involved and gain insight into the marking of these examinations for the first time.
- Earn extra income
- For the 2022 examinations
- All fees have increased by the 1% public sector pay increase
- Leaving Certificate script fees have increased by a minimum of 17% and up to 50%
- Junior Cycle script fees have increased by a minimum of 48% and up to 57%
- Script fees are subject specific and relate to complexity and time required to mark them
- Fees are also paid for attendance at a training conference; for administration work; and for travel and subsistence