Region(s) Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Longford, Mayo, Roscommon
- Company: Career Decisions / CDT (Coach Develop Transform)
- Telephone:01 6340077
Qualifications and Affiliations
• MSc Work and Organisational Psychology, Dublin City University
• MSc in Occupational Psychology
• BA (Hons) Psychology, University College Dublin
• Diploma in Counselling, City Colleges Dublin
• Diploma in Business and Executive Coaching, Coach Institute of Ireland
• Graduate Diploma in Business Studies, University College Dublin (Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business)
• Certificate in Career Counselling, Positive Success Group
• Certificate in Training Practice, CMD Sligo / Irish Institute of Training and Development
• Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Dublin School of English
• Certificate in Occupational Testing (Ability and Personality), British Psychological Society
• Business Psychologist of the Psychological Society of Ireland
• An assessor in Psychometrics for the British Psychological Society.
• Currently studying a Diploma in Mindfulness and Wellbeing, City Colleges Dublin
• Psychological Society of Ireland
• International Coach Federation (ICF)
• Association for Coaching
Experience in one to one coaching
Over the past 20 years, Cath has been involved in the education sector as a Psychologist and Executive Coach. Cath has worked in various capacities supporting and coaching Principals, Teachers and SNA’s. She is a trustee of the recently opened Sligo Sudbury School, giving her an understanding of alternative educational models also. Cath is also involved in ongoing research into core competencies and design of interviews for staff selection.
Her extensive experience in the Education sector gives her an understanding of the unique challenges of moving from a Teaching position to the responsibility of a Principal’s role. Cath currently coaches and assesses post-graduate Psychology and Career Guidance students working towards accreditation in the use of Psychometric Assessments in two Dublin Universities.
Drawing principally from positive Psychology, Cath’s coaching style is underlined by a belief that people have an innate capacity to learn and grow. She draws from a broad range of knowledge and skills to ensure each person receives an individualised experience that best meets their needs.
Through the Coaching partnership, she builds people’s trust in their own ability to find solutions, exploring how their current situation differs from their desired outcomes, then collaborating on strategies to bridge the gap. Cath recognizes that while clear behavioural / action goals usually emerge, what is often uncovered is the need for a shift in perspective. Using her background in Psychology she guides clients towards deeper self-understanding and explores how interpersonal style and behaviours impact at work. She works with clients to ensure that any decisions are aligned with their values. She has a strong focus on the wellbeing of clients and creates a supportive and non-judgmental space where people feel safe to really explore what is happening. This is particularly important during times