Region(s) Galway, Clare, Laois, Offaly, Westmeath
- Company: Career Decisions Ireland Limited
- Telephone:01 6340077
Qualifications and Affiliations
• Post Graduate Diploma Executive Coaching, Irish Management Institute & University College Cork, 2015
• Diploma in Business Studies, Galway Mayo Institute of Technology, 1995
• Chartered Accountant, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, 2000
• Member of the International Coaching Federation
• Certified coach with Roche Martin
Experience in one to one coaching
Experience in Coaching
Owen is a management professional and coach with more than 23 years of success. Owen has strong leadership acumen and coaching skills with the proven ability to inspire, empower and encourage people towards achieving their goals.
Owen has supported and coached people in diverse areas such as strategic planning, communications, team building, change management and project management.
Owen lectures in NUI Galway on a Coaching Diploma and has helps many coaches to achieve coaching excellence.
Owen is an experienced coach in school environments. He has mentored thousands of young people in National & Secondary schools all over Ireland through his work with Sky Sports Living for Sport and Super Generation.
Owen is a very focused coach with a ‘can do’ practical attitude to helping clients solve their own problems. Owen’s approach to coaching is about facilitating the resources, knowledge, skills available to the client. Through a positive and challenging coaching style and asking insightful questions, Owen helps people to discover and break their own barriers and become their best self.
Owen creates a confidential, understanding and thought-provoking environment in which the client can recognise their challenges, reflect on their behaviour and identify actions which will move them forward towards their goals.
Owen’s specialist expertise includes:
• Creating sustainable change
• Focusing on strengths & breaking self-imposed limitations
• Building confidence and resilience through goal setting, managing self-talk and visualisation
• Understanding your own values
• Motivating self and your teams
• Achieve consistent performance in individuals and teams
• Managing stakeholders within your organisation
• Leading and implementing change
• Strategy development and implementation
Owen, an expert on Wellbeing, came highly recommended to me as a School Principal. After speaking to him briefly I was captivated and emotionally moved by his life story of resilience and optimism. I invited him to talk to the three senior classes and to the staff. During these sessions he gave a personal account of his own story and highlighted strategies that he uses to support, develop and maintain his wellbeing. The staff and children were extremely impressed with his positive attitude to life.
National School Principal