Region(s) Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Longford, Mayo, Roscommon
- Company: Career Decisions / CDT (Coach Develop Transform)
- Telephone:01 6340077
Qualifications and Affiliations
• Diploma in Mindfulness and Wellbeing, City Colleges Dublin (result pending)
• Diploma in Counselling, City Colleges Dublin
• Certificate in Career Counselling, Positive Success Group
• Diploma in Business and Executive Coaching, Coach Institute of Ireland
• MSc in Occupational Psychology Stage 1 British Psychological Society (BPS)
• Certificate in Training Practice, CMD Sligo / Irish Institute of Training and Development
• Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Dublin School of English
• Certificate in Occupational Testing (Ability and Personality), British Psychological Society
• *MSc Work and Organisational Psychology, Dublin City University. *Chartered Psychologist of the Psychological Society of Ireland
• Graduate Diploma in Business Studies, University College Dublin (Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business)
• BA (Hons) Psychology, University College Dublin
• Psychological Society of Ireland
• Association for Coaching
Experience in one to one coaching
Experience in Area of Coaching
Over the past 20 years, Cath has gained extensive experience in people development through her work as a psychologist and workplace coach. She is a Chartered Psychologist of the Psychological Society of Ireland and an experienced user of psychometrics, being an assessor for the British Psychological Society.
Cath has been involved in the education sector in various capacities, allowing her an understanding of the unique challenges of moving from a teaching position to the responsibility of a principal’s role. In her role as an Autism Therapist she worked closely with SNAs, teachers and principals. She is a trustee of the recently opened Sligo Sudbury School, broadening her understanding of alternative educational models. She is involved in ongoing research there into core competencies and design of interviews for staff selection. Cath currently coaches and assesses post-graduate Psychology and Career Guidance students working towards accreditation in the use of psychometric assessments in three universities.
Drawing principally from Positive Psychology, Cath’s coaching style is underlined by a belief that people have an innate capacity to learn and grow. She draws from a broad range of knowledge and skills to ensure each person receives an individualized experience that best meets their needs.
Through the coaching partnership, she builds people’s trust in their own ability to find solutions, exploring how their current situation differs from their desired outcomes, before collaborating on strategies to bridge the gap. Cath recognizes that while clear behavioural / action goals usually emerge, what is often uncovered is the need for a shift in perspective. Using her background in psychology she guides clients towards deeper self-understanding and explores how interpersonal style and behaviours impact at work.