Qualifications and Affiliations
Msc. In Executive & Business Coaching, UCD 2015
Post Grad Diploma in the Psychology of Coaching, UCD Smurfit College 2010
Post Grad Diploma in Executive Coaching, UCD Smurfit College 2008
Accredited Facilitator of the Harthill Leadership Development profile
Accredited Administrator of DISC Workplace Profile and Team Dimensions
Mindfulness training with Cancer Care West 2010
Memberships and Affiliations
• Board Director of Helplink Support Services - a not-for-profit service which provides counselling and career support to young people
• Member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
• Member of the Division of Work and Organisational Psychology at the Psychological Society of Ireland
• Member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council
• Member of the Irish Coaching Alliance Network
• Member of the International Positive Psychology Association
• Member of the Psychological Society of Ireland – Coach Psychology Group
• Founding Member of the Advisory Board of SCCUL Mentors
Experience in one to one coaching
Nial has held Executive and Leadership positions in a career spanning 25 years and has first-hand knowledge of the range of challenges inherent in leadership roles. He has a proven track record as an Executive Coach with over 10 years’ experience coaching Senior Leaders in organisations of all sizes and across a diverse range of sectors.
As the son of a School Principal, member of the Board of Management and having coached School Principals, Nial has a deep understanding of the multitude of challenges faced by School Principals in today’s complex and ambiguous world.
Nial has the ability to quickly establish credibility and trust and is passionate about helping individuals harness their natural strengths to optimise their performance. His coaching expertise and commercial acumen enables clients to discover untapped potential and new opportunities.
Nial’s coaching philosophy is based on the belief that the client is resourceful and creative and through his purposeful questioning they achieve a new level of clarity and focus and build resilience.
Nial’s specialist expertise includes:
Managing diverse Stakeholder Groups
Mastering the art of delegation
“Nial’s great passion for coaching and his vast experience and wisdom caused a shift in my thinking and perspectives. He enabled me to see new possibilities and challenged me to move beyond my comfort zone. Nial challenges and encourages in equal measure but at all times there was an authentic intention to facilitate my growth and development. He gave me the confidence and poise I needed to truly shine in my leadership position. Nial has been an important resource for me and I would highly recommend him as a coach.”
Senior Leader, Medical Devices Company